Santa, if you're out there, and your North Pole headquarters hasn't sunk into the sea because of the melting polar ice caps, I'm putting these books on next year's reading list, in order of interest:
American Lion by Jon Meachem.
Perfect fit for my top 10 Presidential biographies project which currently has stalled on a terribly boring bio of Washington (40 pages to go!).
Nixonland by Rick Perlstein.
If you want to make sense of the latter-day conservative movement, this is supposedly the definitive account of it.
Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (And What It Says About Us) by Tom Vanderbilt.
I think traffic is fascinating, particularly the absolutely tiny events that can trigger it. Usually this fascination ends moments before I go into a violent fit of road rage.
THE DRUNKARD’S WALK: How Randomness Rules Our Lives, by Leonard Mlodinow.
This is a random pick, isn't it?
Yeah, I'm not that into Fiction. One could say I prefer truth over lies.
No comments:
Post a Comment